Electrical Controls Engineer-Automated Packaging Machinery. Location Suburban Chicago. Position #224.
- A global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of custom packaging systems and products.
- Focused on innovation and servicing a broad customer base throughout the globe.
- A Fortune 200 company with headquarters and manufacturing located in Suburban Chicago, Illinois.
- The electrical controls engineer will focus on developing high speed automated machinery and handling systems from the conception to production stages.
- Initiate concept designs based on customer feedback, communicating those designs, to other team members and developing and managing those designs to completion.
- The electrical controls engineer will design, develop and program PLC software for controls of automated packaging equipment in addition to generating electrical schematics using CAD software.
- Create original ladders of logic in PLC programs.
- 5 years’ stable experience working in a related field of the design of high speed automated machinery and handling systems.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience designing, developing and programming PLC controls (Allen Bradley and Siemens) and AC/DC motor controls.
- A high degree of technical aptitude with strong hands on experience with mechanisms and machinery.
- Ideal candidates will be creative designers and problem solvers as well as strong troubleshooters.
- Proficiency with CAD software. AutoCAD and Solidworks is a plus.
- Experience with embedded technology, micro-controllers, PCB and solution development.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%-50%.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Be assured that resumes will be kept strictly confidential until we speak about a specific opportunity and agree to send it to a client of ours. Because of high response rates to our career opportunities, we are unable to reply to every inquiry. If your experience matches our client's requirements we will contact you immediately.
Send resumes and inquiries to Cliff Rusnak at email@example.com.